Friday, November 7, 2014

Typhoon Nuri

There is a Typhoon that it closing in on the bering sea. This Typhoon is called Typhoon Nuri. There are quite a bit of people who are freaked out about this Typhoon. And there are other people who do not really care. There are people on this island who are preparing for the Typhoon.

They are boarding up all of there windows on their houses. And they are also tying down anything that is outside of their houses so that they do not blow away. I am not worried about it even though I live in the middle of the Bering sea. I am not worried about it because even though I live in the middle of the Bering sea nothing really ever happens to our island. Another reason why I am not worried is because people are saying that the Typhoon has died down quite a bit.

Im also not worried because even though the island I live on is in the middle of the Bering sea the storm is gonna mostly affect islands on the Aleutian chain. I think that the people who live on this island and are worried about the storm are really worried for no reason. It is smart to prepare but the storm is not gonna be very extreme here. If I was living on the chain I would prepare for the worst. But I don't so I am not preparing for it at all.

There are places saying that this Typhoon is going to make waves reach hight's up to 50 feet high. They also say that the winds speeds are supposed to reach 120 knots. But here on St. Paul Island, AK the waves are only supposed to get as high as 25 feet. And the wind speeds are only supposed to reach 50 miles per hour. So it is not gonna be as bad as people thought.

Almost every body here are saying it is not gonna be as bad as they say. But even though people think that they never know because the weather can change pretty fast. It can change fast and catch the people who did not prepare off guard. This storm is supposed to last for the whole weekend here on our island. That is all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment